Around 30 restaurants and bars are now signed up for this year’s annual “Ruta de Tapas” running on Friday March 29 to Sunday March 31 and from Friday April 5 to Sunday 7th.
As always there will be ‘passports’ available at the participating venues, as well as at the tourism office for your use in navigating your way around all the entrants and voting for your favourites. 60% of the total score will be from your votes, with the remaining 40% being made up from a panel of 5 “secret shoppers” who will sample the delights on offer in total and absolute secrecy by means of wearing spectacles with false moustaches attached.
Each entrant will be submitting a fixed price tapa and drink for €3 during the competition period. More details of each venue, as well as their individual tapas can be seen on the official ruta de tapas web site
Please do vote for your favourites, as it means a lot to the winners and runners up. In order for your votes to count, you will need to have visited at least 5 establishments, and have had the corresponding box on the passport stamped. Completed passports can be filed at the Town Hall, or the tourism offices on Paseo Altillo or by the Aquarium. Each correctly completed passport will be entered into a raffle for some superb prizes as well!