It’s that time of year again – The annual Ruta de Tapas organised by the Almunecar tourism agency is now on! This year the event runs from today, Friday 21st May until Friday 4th June. Now in it’s 7th year this is a great occasion for foodies and tapas aficionados alike and is always extremely popular as well as great fun.

2021 Almunecar Ruta de Tapas Poster

Amongst the participants are Gastrobar De la Flor (defending champions from the 2020 annual ruta de tapas contest), Seiva Fusión, Restaurante Firmum, Mesón del Gusto, Restaurante El Cortijillo, Cervecería El Cortijillo, Salitre Playa, Rosa Negra, Casa Paco, Bodega Francisco I, El Templo, Hotel San Cristóbal, Mesón Mari y Miguel, Mesón Gala, New Gala PInBall,  Restaurante Casa La Parra, Mesón Emiliano  & Restaurante El Árbol Blanco so there i going to some intense competition for the prizes again!

As always there will be ‘passports’ available at the participating venues, as well as at the tourism office for your use in navigating your way around all the entrants and voting for your favourites. This year 70% of the total score will be awared by a panel of professional chefs who will judge the entries at the Palacete del Corregido, with the remaining 30% being made up from the votes made on the passports by the public. Completed pass ports to vote must be submitted by the 9th.

The fixed price tapa and drink has gone up a bit this year to €3.50 during the competition period, but with the standard of these special tapas it is still superb VFM. More details of each venue, as well as their individual tapas can be seen on the official ruta de tapas web site – scan the QR code on the poster (above) for all the info and an interactive map showing where all the bars & restaurants are located or click 2021 Ruta de Tapas for more details.

Tapas Selection for 2021 Ruta de Tapas