The canyoning excursion day is the most popular activity we offer. It is superb fun, involving descending the river staying either in or as close to it as possible. Our chosen site at Rio Verde is a well established canyoning location with a good water supply for most of the year, as well as being set in the stunning surroundings of a designated natural park. The site consists of a series of pools linked by small rivers, waterfalls and chutes, down which we slither and splash. It’s absolutely brilliant fun!
Typical Canyoning Excursion
After pick up from your accommodation, we drive up Rio Verde passing the tropical fruit fields. We meet up in a hill side restaurant with the mountain guides. Our guides are the key Mountain Guides for the Sierra Nevada mountains here in Andalucia, so you are in the very best of hands as regards equipment, attention to detail and safety. While here we have the chance for a coffee or drink, before setting off in 4x4s to the start location.
After changing into our wet suits we take a short cut walk up the side of the river towards the top – then spend the rest of the day slipping and sliding back down through the waterfalls and rock pools.
Your guides will give you full instruction on everything. There will be ample time to do everything, so you will not be under any pressure to “keep up”. The high jumps are optional. If you don’t wish to do them then simply take the path down and enjoy a quick swim.
Check out the end of Jacob’s video (the jumps at the end are optional !!)
COVID19 – Notice
This activity may be subject to additional safety precautions &/or restrictions due to Covid19. See Covid19 activity updates for the latest information.
- Return transfer to rendezvous location
- Return transport to activity site via 4WD vehicle
- Packed lunch inc soft drink
- Drinking water
- Fully qualified English speaking guide
- Wet suit
- Safety helmet & harness
- Compulsory insurance
- All instruction as required
- Transfer time: 30 mins to rendezvous then 15 min to location
- Actual activity duration: 6 – 6.5 hrs (approx.)
- You’ll need trainers you don’t mind getting wet – your shoes must cover your toes, as well as swim-suit and towel
- Min age: 10 if accompanied.
- You must be able to swim and be fit and agile enough for a couple of hours scrambling in and around flowing water, jumping into pools, etc.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Minimum numbers apply. The exact route used on any single day will depend on group numbers, individual abilities and, for safety reasons, the present and forecasted weather conditions. In the unlikely event of the activity not running an alternative activity will be offered.