Try our great horse riding here in Andalucia while on your activity holiday. We have a great range of horses, ranging from sure footed beginners mounts to more forward going horses for experts.
Experience from horseback the full range of the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, from the beaches to the sierras in the natural park.
The half day 3 hr rides are suitable for novices or “rusty riders”. On these your guide will take you around the tropical fruit orchards. Here you will see mango, chirimoyas, avocados etc growing. You may go up into the hill where there are superb views over the countryside to the sea.
The longer day rides (local supplement applies) where we may get an opportunity to canter on the each, are for experienced riders only happy at walk, trot, canter & gallop in exposed locations. On these you will spend around 5 hrs “in the saddle” with a stop of around an hour for lunch with the horses.
We also offer dedicated long weekend horse riding breaks through our sister company, Riding Holidays In Spain, on their dedicated website.
Typical Riding Activity
There is a short transfer from your hotel to the riding stables. Here you will be introduced to your guide or instructor who will help you with riding hats and answer any questions you may have. You’ll have plenty of time to get to know your horse and to ask any questions you may have.
We only ever ride in small groups, so will get personal attention at all times from your guide. During the ride the guide will point out the various points of interest as you travel the old mule trails which crisscross the area.
We provide safety hats for all riders and take great care to ensure you are matched to your of horse. On booking we ask your riding experience, frequency and style as well as height and weight. This helps to ensure the right horse for your skills can be reserved prior to you arriving at the stables.
You are ensured personal attention at all times as we only ever ride in small groups. During the ride the guide will point out the various points of interest as you travel the old mule trails which crisscross the area. Typical rides into the countryside will take you through avocado & mango fields and olive groves. From the hills there are superb views over the glittering blue Mediterranean towards the African coastline.
COVID19 – Notice
This activity may be subject to additional safety precautions &/or restrictions due to Covid19. See Covid19 activity updates for the latest information.
- Return transfers to and from stables
- English speaking instructor / guide
- Hire of riding safety helmet
- 3hr “in the saddle” half day ride
- Option (local payment applies): 5hr “in the saddle” day ride + 1hr lunch stop. Lunch inc on day ride
- Age limit for horse riding: 10 for short rides on lead rope.
- All clients must wear an approved riding safety helmet (supplied).
- We recommend that you wear long trousers / lightweight jodhpurs for your comfort. Shorts are not advised as the stirrup leathers will bruise your legs.
- A suitable shoe / boot for riding with a small heel should be worn.
- In consideration for our horses, we impose an upper weight limit of 95kg (15st) “clothed with riding boots / shoes” for all horse riding activities. If in doubt you will be asked to “step on the scales”.