Summer Riding Weekends In Spain
As the mid summer heat is too much for the horses to be out all day, we only offer half day riding itineraries in the summer. For day rides and the possibility of beach rides see our winter riding weekends in Spain. On your summer riding weekend in Spain you can enjoy riding in the cool mornings. This leaves you time in the day to enjoy the beaches and water based activities – or perhaps just explore the old town, take a walk along the coastal paths or maybe soak up some sunshine on one of the 26 beaches. We can also combine riding with our family mixed activity holidays.
Because of the hilly terrain and paths the going here is usually of a more measured pace, though there are ample opportunities for a canter on most of the routes. The scenery and views from higher up are simply stunning, overlooking the sparkling Mediterranean and foothills of Sierra Nevada. The riding takes us through olive and avocado groves, high into the sierras where the views are truly breathtaking.
Typical Summer Riding Weekend Itinerary
The most popular summer season riding itinerary runs from Wed to Sun with three nights accommodation (but extra days are no problem at all). Itinerary details...
Please remember we can always be flexible, so if you have a family member who loves riding, but the others would prefer the activity options, we can always prepare a bespoke itinerary for you – just contact us with your requirements.
Accommodation and Prices
All our summer riding weekends and short breaks are based at Hotel Arrayanes Playa, right on the sea front overlooking the bay. All the rooms we use have spectacular sea views with their own balconies, en suite facilities and air conditioning for your comfort. See Hotel Arrayanes Playa for full details and prices.
COVID19 – Notice
This activity may be subject to additional safety precautions &/or restrictions due to Covid19. See Covid19 activity updates for the latest information.
- Transfers to / from Malaga airport as scheduled
- All transfers to and from stables
- Welcome meeting with drinks & tapas and full local area briefing
- Additional local guides / street maps / notes
- Accommodation at Arrayanes Playa – all rooms have full sea view on the paseo with balcony, B&B basis (HB option available)
- Riding hat hire if rqd
- English speaking guides throughout
- Summer Season (01 Jun – 30 Sep):
- 3 x Half day rides (approx 3hrs “in the saddle” per day)
- Water / soft drinks included
- Age limit for horse riding: 10 for short rides on lead rope.
- All clients must wear an approved riding safety helmet (supplied).
- We recommend that you wear long trousers / lightweight jodhpurs for your comfort. Shorts are not advised as the stirrup leathers will bruise your legs.
- A suitable shoe / boot for riding with a small heel should be worn.
- In consideration for our horses, we impose an upper weight limit of 95kg (15st) “clothed with riding boots / shoes” for all horse riding activities. If in doubt you will be asked to “step on the scales”.