Winter Riding Weekends In Spain
Leave your wellies & waxed jackets dripping on the peg and come over for a lovely winter riding weekends In Spain in some well deserved sunshine here in Andalucia!
Our Spring, Autumn and Winter riding weekends in Spain holiday run from 1 Oct to 31 May as outside of the mid summer heat we can enjoy a slightly later start. After that we switch over to our summer riding weekends timetable. And, as always, you are free to “mix ‘n match” with our other winter activity holiday options.
We work closely with you to check both your ability and aspirations in order to match you up with your perfect mount for your riding holiday. Personal attention, with dedicated flexible airport transfers, welcome meeting and evening meal with drinks and much more all based in a lovely sea side town with enchanting Moorish old town to explore in the evenings. Fantastic riding in small groups with no dreary nose to tail plodding in isolation at the back!
Typical Winter Long Weekend Riding Itinerary
In winter we can ride longer, stopping for lunch with the horses. As it’s cooler we can offer quicker paced riding on well trained forward going horses, with the possibility of beach rides (subject to riding ability) as well as more gentle rides in the hills for less experienced riders – though there are usually plenty of opportunities for a canter if you wish! The most popular four day (three nights accommodation) riding itinerary runs from Wed to Sun, but we can always be flexible regarding dates. Itinerary details...
All our winter riding weekends and short breaks are based at Hotel Arrayanes Playa, right on the sea front overlooking the bay. All the rooms we use have spectacular sea views and their own balconies. See Hotel Arrayanes Playa for full details and prices.
COVID19 – Notice
This activity may be subject to additional safety precautions &/or restrictions due to Covid19. See Covid19 activity updates for the latest information.
- Transfers to / from Malaga airport as scheduled
- All transfers to and from stables
- Welcome meeting with drinks & tapas and full local area briefing
- Additional local guides / street maps / notes
- Accommodation at Arrayanes Playa – all rooms have full sea view on the paseo with balcony, B&B basis (HB option available)
- Riding hat hire if rqd
- English speaking guides throughout
- Winter season (01 Oct – 31 May):
- 1 x Half day rides (approx 3hrs “in the saddle” per day)
- 2 x Day rides (approx 5hrs “in the saddle” per day) + approx 1hr lunch stop
- Lunch included on day rides
- Water / soft drinks included
- Age limit for horse riding: 10 for short rides on lead rope.
- All clients must wear an approved riding safety helmet (supplied).
- We recommend that you wear long trousers / lightweight jodhpurs for your comfort. Shorts are not advised as the stirrup leathers will bruise your legs.
- A suitable shoe / boot for riding with a small heel should be worn.
- In consideration for our horses, we impose an upper weight limit of 95kg (15st) “clothed with riding boots / shoes” for all horse riding activities. If in doubt you will be asked to “step on the scales”.pprox 3.25km each way (6.5km rtn)